Since opening our doors in 1932 as a small addressing machine company, Weber Packaging Solutions has earned worldwide status as a manufacturer of labels and labeling systems as we now celebrate our 80th anniversary.
And our past speaks for itself.
Here's a look back at some of Weber's Milestones:
- 1932 - Joe Weber Sr. founded Weber Addressing Machine Co in Chicago, IL
- 1938 - Weber Addressing Machine introduced the first handprinter, the Tag-O-Graph Jr.
- 1947 - Weber Addressing Machine changes to Weber Marking Systems and moves to Mt Prospect IL
- 1952 - Weber introduces the first electro-mechanical in-plant label printing machine
- 1967 - Weber moved to its current headquarters of Arlington Heights, IL
- 1973 - Weber opens facility in the United Kingdom
- 1974 - Weber installs its first rotary flexographic press
- 1992 - Joseph Weber Jr. becomes Chairman & CEO
- 1998 - The first Weber-manufactured label printer-applicator was introduced
- 2005 - RFID smart label manufacturing starts at Weber
- 2009 - Weber expands label printing capabilities to include an HP Indigo digital press
- 2011 - The corporate name changed to Weber Packaging Solutions
For more highlights of Weber's history, see the milestones page of our website.